Tuesday 27 March 2012

A LOVELY DAY

The sunshine was a good start.I stayed last night at a brand new hotel in Serjeants Inn off Fleet St where my real legal career began. I went to visit Simon Walton , a partner in Thompsons whose hq was there long ago to interview him for my dissertation. By the end of the interview he had offered me a job.
I dropped into the Court of Appeal to see Sean Jones do his last case as a junior. Mummery LJ congratulated him on taking silk and then Sean opened the appeal with such elegance that i was reminded of tthe line in Blazing Saddles -"Mr Lamarr, youn use your tongue prettier than a 20 dollar whore".Quite.
Next to  Lexis for a webinar that set another record for viewers. Chris ' i have a jet to catch ' Dale and Shantanu Majumdar were in cracking form and i just sat back and admired them attacking disclosure and privilege. Bliss.